And nowhere is that probably more true than in Hollywood, a place where it takes a village (and then some) to create an image worthy of A-list star status. This is also a place that is quickly becoming known as a city where behind-the-scenes artists who collaborate on said images are often congratulated and honored for their work.
Enter Marie Claire.
The standout women’s mag will host the inaugural Image Maker Awards in Los Angeles on Jan. 12. Presented by L’Oreal Paris in partnership with AG Jeans, the affair promises to be quite swanky thanks to the ever-hip setting — Chateau Marmont.
Marie Claire editor-in-chief Anne Fulenwider announced the honorees today, marking what is explained as “the pinnacle of a year-long multi-platform franchise recognizing the behind-the-scenes stylists, artists and gurus who help their A-list clients create signature looks, set trends and influence the style conversation.” Hence the Image Makers moniker.
This year’s list of honorees and celebrity presenters include:
• Adir Abergel as Choice Hair Stylist presented by Jennifer Garner.
• Tracey Cunningham as Detail Maker presented by Jessica Biel.
• Jillian Dempsey as Choice Makeup Artist presented by Kristen Stewart.
• Micaela Erlinger as Choice Stylist presented by Lupita Nyong’o
• Sir John as Social Media Star presented by Nina Garcia
• Jenn Streicher as New Guard presented by Carrie Brownstein.
The roster of 2015 Image Makers will be featured in Marie Claire’s February 2016 issue, which hits newsstands also on Jan. 12.